News | Events | Digital PR | Advertising

Home Features Lagos State Government issues Response to Allegations of Budget Padding
FeaturesNews

Lagos State Government issues Response to Allegations of Budget Padding

Share
Share

The Lagos State Government has issued a response to the allegations of an over bloated budget and reckless spending contained in the financial documents published on the website on the state Public Procurement Agency.

Over the last 3 days, several Nigerians have been knocking the Lagos state government on its budget after an expose by a governorship candidate in the state, Funsho Doherty.

The Director-General of the agency Fatai Onafowote in a statement said the body was committed towards transparency, accuracy and accountability in all government transactions.

Fatai Onafowote said the financial information had been misinterpreted due to misunderstandings arising from a lack of clarity, which according to him, had triggered unintended misinterpretations.

You can read the full statement and the breakdown of the state government’s response to Funsho Doherty in the tweet below:

https://twitter.com/followlasg/status/1726875450277068877?s=19

You can read the original expose from Funsho Doherty in the tweet below:

https://twitter.com/funsodoherty/status/1725897382682849540?t=jQ2dTfHiG75m5bHpF0x8YA&s=19

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles
FeaturesSport

Burkina Faso Make History: Stallions Seal U-17 AFCON Quarter-Final Spot and FIFA U-17 World Cup Berth

With their quarter-final ticket secured, Burkina Faso will now face South Africa...

News

Chinese Retailer Lets Employees Take Off for “Unhappy Days”

A Chinese retail company, Pang Dong Lai, has introduced a unique policy...

Featuresnews

TikTok’s Future in the U.S. Hangs in the Balance as Amazon Enters Sale Race

The administration’s ultimatum has sparked intense interest from a number of high-profile...

Featuresnews

MTN Ghana CEO Responds to Data Depletion Concerns Amid Subscriber Complaints

In a statement issued on April 2, 2025, MTN Ghana’s Chief Executive...